UEF FEDERAL COMMITTEE MEETING 19.12.2020

English spoken Forum of the Union of European Federalists (UEF). Feel free to participate! More about the UEF: https://federalists.eu
Antworten
javier
UEF FEDERAL COMMITTEE MEETING 19.12.2020

Beitrag von javier »

Dear friends,
I have recived a letter from the UEF with the Resolution of the UEF Federal Committee...
The amendments will be available from next week....

Resolution:
2 The Federal Committee of the Union of European Federalists,
4 gathered on line on December 19, 2020
6 underlining
7 that the current crisis has shown the significance of acting united as Europeans in
8 an effective and supportive way;
9 that in tackling the pandemic, the Union has decided to face this unprecedented
10 challenge indicating the need and showing the will to strengthen its political unity;
11 that the need to act together as one becomes even more evident in the face of
12 the second wave of the pandemic we are experiencing;

161 on the entire UEF organisation, and in particular the national sections,
162 to work together and to commit themselves to the convening and success of the
163 Conference on the Future of Europe in the framework of a joint campaign that
164 claims on behalf of the federalists, and on behalf of the citizens, Our Federal
165 Europe, Sovereign and Democratic
javier
Re: UEF FEDERAL COMMITTEE MEETING 19.12.2020

Beitrag von javier »

Dear Federalists,

I have read the resolution and I do not understand any thing at all
Almost every body knows that the
The European Union has three options:

1. Back to the Westphalian nation-state
2. Keeping the EU as it is now: intergovernmental administration based on a treaty
3. Establishing the United States of Europe, based on a federal constitution. That's what Europe needs.

Therefore I have prepared the Amendments to the Resolution:

Proposal from The Federal Committee of UEF
164 claims on behalf of the federalists, and on behalf of the citizens, Our
165 Federal Europe, Sovereign and Democratic

Amendments from Javier Giner:
164 claims on behalf of the federalists, and on behalf of the citizens, a
165 Federation of Europe with a Federal Constitution
166 This approach is possible under Article 20 of the Treaty on European Union, which is one of

167 the two constituent Treaties making up the Treaty of Lisbon. Article 20 reads:
168 “1. Member States which wish to establish enhanced cooperation between themselves within
169 the framework of the Union’s non-exclusive competences may make use of its institutions and
170 exercise those competences by applying the relevant provisions of the Treaties, subject to the
171 limits and in accordance with the detailed arrangements laid down in this Article and in
172 Articles 326 to 334 of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union.
173 Enhanced cooperation shall aim to further the objectives of the Union, protect its interests and
174 reinforce its integration process. Such cooperation shall be open at any time to all Member
175 States, in accordance with Article 328 of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union.
176 2. The decision authorising enhanced cooperation shall be adopted by the Council as a last
177 resort, when it has established that the objectives of such cooperation cannot be attained
178 within a reasonable period by the Union as a whole, and provided that at least nine Member
179 States participate in it. The Council shall act in accordance with the procedure laid down in
180 Article 329 of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union.
181 3. All members of the Council may participate in its deliberations, but only members of the
182 Council representing the Member States participating in enhanced cooperation shall take part
183 in the vote. The voting rules are set out in Article 330 of the Treaty on the Functioning of the
184 European Union.
185 4. Acts adopted in the framework of enhanced cooperation shall bind only participating
186 Member States. They shall not be regarded as part of the acquis which has to be accepted by
187 candidate States for accession to the Union.”

Hago un llamamiento a los federalistas para que elijan el camino que la UE necesita antes de que se rompa.

Best european greetings
Javier Giner
Member of UEF Saar and Madrid
Antworten

Zurück zu „Union Europäischer Föderalisten I Union of European Federalists I Union des Fédéralistes Euopéens“